In keeping with the aims of RBAI, Inchmarlo Preparatory School believes in promoting the spiritual, personal, social and academic goals desirable for our pupils. We wish to promote in all our pupils such values as to make them caring, responsible citizens of the future. These values are inherent in all areas of the school life, and prove the basis for, and are implicit in, all our school policies. We believe in the dignity and worth of each individual and in the development of the whole person.
All members of staff in the school share these ideals, values and beliefs and the promotion of these will ensure a pupil-centred approach so that caring is a shared responsibility of all teachers in our school.
The General Aims of the school are:
- To provide a working, caring and happy environment in which the potential of every child is realised.
- To promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, intellectual and physical development of pupils at the school and thereby society.
- To prepare such pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
These aims will be expedited by:
- the curriculum of the school which encompasses that which is laid down by the NI Curriculum and includes other ranges of experiences offered by the school, in school time or as extra-curricular activities.
- the climate of relationships, attitudes and styles of behaviour established in the school community.